Add Private Registration
Per our agreement with ICANN, we must add valid contact information to the WHOIS directory for each domain you register. By purchasing Private Registration, you can hide your personal contact information and display proxy information instead.
Note: Some registries don’t allow Private Registration. If that’s the case for your domain, the option to add privacy won’t show up in your Domain Manager.
- Log into your My Products page.
- If you aren’t automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Contact Information, click either Make Private or Add Privacy.
- Click Add To Cart.
- Click Proceed to Checkout and finish your purchase.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for the information to display in the Whois database.